I know, I know – very mean of me to deal out a last minute test, especially on a Friday afternoon, but in order for me to be able to appropriately determine your Snuzzy grade for this week, I’ll need you to tell me: Which of the following creatures is not like the others?
This image is from the Puppies and kitties photo contest going on over at the Babble Playground! Head on over there and check out the other entries!
P h a n t o !
Phanto took place in Skeezix’s Easter Purrade on The Cat’s Meow and was the chosen the lucky winner of the purrade contest. As a result, he wins 50 ZEALIES and his picture featured in his own post right here, RIGHT NOW on Snuzzy.com.
Concatulations, Phanto – what a lucky cat you are! If you’d like to browse through all of the cats that participated in the purrade, click here!
This little baby gorilla needs a name! A cute little dude like this can’t go through life without a name! That would be preposterous, I tell you, simply preposterous! [Ed. note: I've been dying to use the word 'preposterous' all day today. Check that off the list.]
Born on December 8th of last year, the baby gorilla boy abandoned by his mother is doing fine and now he needs a name. San Francisco Zoo is hosting a contest to give him one.
Prizes for the winning name include:
* Zoo Family Membership for the zoo closest to the winner’s place of residency
* Large Gorilla Plush
* Framed photo of the infant gorilla with a footprint
* Thirty minute Live Q&A with a gorilla keeper (either in person, via phone or internet depending on location of winner)
Oscar Jonesy, our dominant silverback gorilla and father of the infant will choose the winner on March 11, 2009. A panel of judges appointed by the Zoo will choose five finalist names. Each name will be connected individually to five colored bamboo sticks and placed out in the Jones Family Gorilla Preserve exhibit for Oscar Jonesy. The first colored bamboo stick he chooses will be the winning name.
What are you waiting for? Get on over to the SF Zoo’s website and enter your name now!
The kyoopid of the feline world is at it again – Skeezix’s 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day Kontest is underway and he’s looking for your entries. The rules, Skeezix style:
1. You must have a verifyable online presence, in the form of a website, blog or Catster/Dogster page.
2. No peepul (ixsept fur Sarge Charlie and Antie Bee becuz we luv ‘em). Otherwize, just cats, dogs, rats, buns, stuff like that. Play nice with the rats, pleeze: no eetin the competishun.
3. Only one entry per cat, dog, rat, bun, etc.
4. All animuls in yer howse can enter.
To get all of the details and to find out how to enter, go on over to Skeezix’s contest page!